October 29 2022 10a.m. - noon Gananoque Public Library
So how do I get published?
Are you working on a manuscript but don’t know how to take it from paper to published? Do you need an agent? Can you approach publishers directly? What can you expect from a publisher? Big house or small press? What about self-publishing? How do you promote your work?
Two award-winning and funny writers, Rod Carley and Terry Fallis will walk aspiring writers through the ups and downs of the publishing process using their own diverse experiences to bring it to life.
The workshop will cover:
• When to worry about publishing.
• How to tackle finding an agent.
• How to approach publishers.
• How the publishing process works.
• What about awards?
• The economics of publishing.
• When to consider self-publishing.
• The need to promote your writing.
• And anything else that comes to mind…
The session will be loosely structured to ensure time for all your questions to be addressed. We should have a few laughs along the way, too.
Sponsored by the 1000 Islands Writers Festival. Tickets for the morning and afternoon events sold separately, available through Beggars Banquet Books.