Igniting the $100 billion Indigenous economy
It is time. It is time to increase the visibility, role, and responsibility of the emerging modern Indigenous economy and the people involved. This is the foundation for economic reconciliation. This is Indigenomics.
Indigenomics lays out the tenets of the emerging Indigenous economy, built around relationships, multigenerational stewardship of resources, and care for all. Highlights include:
- The ongoing power shift and rise of the modern Indigenous economy
- Voices of leading Indigenous business leaders
- The unfolding story in the law courts that is testing Canada's relationship with Indigenous peoples
- Exposure of the false media narrative of Indigenous dependency
- A new narrative, rooted in the reality on the ground, that Indigenous peoples are economic powerhouses
- On the ground examples of the emerging Indigenous economy.
Indigenomics calls for a new model of development, one that advances Indigenous self-determination, collective well-being, and reconciliation. This is vital reading for business leaders and entrepreneurs, Indigenous organizations and nations, governments and policymakers, and economists.