Welcome to the 2022 edition of the world's best-selling annual book!
A global pandemic and lockdowns haven't stopped record-breakers from achieving spectacular things. The changing pace of the last year has given us the opportunity to take stock of our planet and explore the current state of the environment, as seen through our unique record-breaking lens.
So join us as we take a deep dive into GWR 2022, through the vast panorama of record-breaking in 9 fact-packed chapters, including all our favourite sports, animal and entertainment records as well as the following new features:
- See dinosaurs come back to life with a free augmented-reality feature.
- Understand the challenges being faced by our planet because of climate change, and find out what's being done to reverse the decline and build a better future.
- Meet some of your iconic record holders in our Hall of Fame section.
- Young Achievers: we've reached out to some of the young people who refuse to let their age be a barrier to success. What are they doing to change their world? What can you learn from them if you want to get your own name in the record books?
- Virtual Visits: In-between chapters, we explore a renowned tourist attraction: Smithsonian Air & Space Museum and Yellowstone Park (US), Australia Zoo, Kew Gardens and the V&A Museum (UK), Le Louvre (France), Miniature Wonderland (Germany), Guangdong Science Centre (China), Royal Tyrrell Museum (Canada).
Following on from the success of our 2021 edition – and the rave reviews for the cover illustration – we've invited the artist Rod Hunt to create another fully immersive, record-breaking world on the 2022 cover. The artwork continues the action from last year and will "jigsaw" with 2021, adding to the collectability. How many record holders can you spot this time around?!